What is adas?
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) are systems developed to automate/adapt/enhance vehicle systems for safety and better driving. Safety features are designed to avoid collisions and accidents by offering technologies that alert the driver to potential problems, or to avoid collisions by implementing safeguards and taking over control of the vehicle. Adaptive features may automate lighting, provide adaptive cruise control, automate braking, incorporate GPS/ traffic warnings, connect to smartphones, alert driver to other cars or dangers, keep the driver in the correct lane, or show what is in blind spots.
New ADAS Technologies
New ADAS technologies that are being intergrated into all vehicle types.
- Traffic assistant
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane keep assist, Lane departure warning
- Electro-mechanical steering
- Parking assist or park help
- Reverse assist, all round vision camera system
- Night vision assist
- Adaptive lighting systems
- Traffic sign recognition
- LiDAR – Volvo City Safe
- Position Acquisition Local Mapping